Countdown to Baby Time!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

UUUUGGGGH: Pregnant AND the 24 hour flu!

I passed the glucose gestational diabetes test! YAY! But I mean, really, if they're gonna make you ingest 50 grams of sugar for a blood test, why can't it be cake? Mmmmm, cake.

I had a rough couple days starting on Tuesday, Squirt. I hope you were okay in there. Felt like you were because you kept bumping me! Tuesday afternoon I had a toe charlie horse. A TOE charlie horse. Who gets that? Obviously I needed some more water or something because this girl got one. That evening my belly and low back were significantly uncomfortable but not agonizing to the point of going to the hospital. We went to bed around 8pm but by 10pm, I was still uncomfortable and considered getting Jason up to go to the hospital. I talked myself off the ledge because really I knew I was okay. Getting everyone up would be such an ordeal when it wasn't an absolute emergency. I got ready to take a warm bath instead. One step away from dipping my big toe into the water and had to run to the bathroom. ALLLLL of dinner came back up. I puked so hard little blood vessels broke around my eyes. I puked about three more times before I knew it was over. I usually always cry when I puke for real. It just sucks. (Morning sickness crying? That shit is just annoying.)

Jason woke up and came in, brought me my robe to keep me warm,  I got into the tub and he went back to bed telling me to call for him if I needed anything. Who knows how long I stayed in the tub. I walked slowly to my phone around midnight to text for a sub for STRIKE! Wednesday morning. I knew there was no way I'd be able to STRIKE! it up. I crawled back into bed, sipped water all night, and slept like hell. I woke up around the time Talon started babbling at 6:30am and realized I had to tell Jason I was not okay. There was no way I was going to be able to be home alone with Talon all day. We started running through ideas for what to do...Jason go to work, I call the doctor, I call Jason later to take me to the doctor. Then, I puked again AND I peed myself. I have no shame. I fucking peed myself. 

Jason put in for a sub. I'd been having stomach pains from an empty stomach so I knew I needed to eat something to soak up the acid. Two piece of white bread. Jason said to Talon, "Okay, Buddy, you're coming to school with me so I can tell the sub what to do while Mommy rests!" You know it's bad when you have to tell your husband he can't go to work that day because you are too sick to stand up.


I stayed in bed mostly all day (expect to get a banana) until about 5:30p when I finally felt decent enough to get up and take another bath to rinse off the ick. Jason brought me some Gatorade and another piece of bread. I managed to sift between aches and Braxton Hicks to take some Tylenol. What a difference that made! Nurse Lori called me back and said to take it easy and keep pushing fluid since I didn't have a fever, continued to vomit or diaherra. I busted out the Prenatal Cradle to help support my belly which I haven't taken off since. We all had Cream of Wheat for dinner. Talon had slept from 2:30-5:30p but he went back to bed around 8:00p just after dinner.

We watched an episode of SMASH in bed then it was back to bed for us around 9pm. We're all better today!


No comments:

Post a Comment