Countdown to Baby Time!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Glucose Test Time!

26 weeks and 5 days. I went in today after I drank that gawd-awful glucose drink to test for gestational diabetes. Shit has 50 grams of pure fake orange flavored sugar. BLECH! PFFT PFFFFFT ICKPHOOEY! I mean, come on, if I'm going to consume 50 grams of sugar, couldn't it be cake??

My c-section should be scheduled this week tentatively for May 23rd. I'll go in the day before for a blood draw and to do paperwork then locked and loaded ready for surgery!

You are measuring ahead, Baby. Your brother did too. Despite the actual countdown, you measured at 29 weeks. Dr. Heather said we'll watch things and just perhaps I'll be looking at a 9 pounder. Talon wasn't too far behind 9 pounds! (8lbs 12.8oz) The nurses helped me find your little butt and head. She said "Feel for the two hard places." You are head down, butt up and all curled around like a baby cinnamon roll. Cinnamon rolls might be sweet but you sure do do a lot of punching! :)

I've been getting a tight belly a lot lately which they weren't too concerned about but reminded me to listen to my body. Round ligament pain or Braxton Hicks? I think a little bit of both. She didn't cut me off of teaching classes but if I start to feel any pain or pressure to simply back off and coach. I got to 32 weeks with Talon and had to stop teaching mainly because the edema in my ankles made walking so unbearably uncomfortable. I'm hoping to make it to the beginning or middle of May. I keep forgetting to bust out the Prenatal Cradle. Awwww yeh! By the end of the day, my back aches a little and my belly is tight. Like, um, right now.

Soooo, I'm expecting you to be a(nother) big baby. Maybe even bigger than your brother. That's fine, dude. Keep growing healthy and strong. You might give your older brother a run for his money one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment