Countdown to Baby Time!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Warning: don't read this if you believe in G - -.

I'll always be honest and frank with you. Truth be told I almost copied and pasted a blog entry written by someone else something about 7 things we need to teach our daughters. My plan was to copy, paste, change all the pronouns to "he" and "him" but then I ran across it...the sentence and the sentences thereafter that killed it for me. I read further and all over it, all in it, was about how the daughters were special because they were made in the image of God.

Maybe I'm tired. Maybe I've had a long day and I'm grumpy but really I don't want to read how she doesn't need a boyfriend to prove her self-worth. Only God can determine her worth. The crazy irrational ranting lunatic (come on, we all have one...) in my head is screaming. REALLY? Cut the fucking CRAP! Let's leave it up GOD. Just another MAN to decide HER worth. That sounds completely reasonable because allllllll the stories in the bible make sense. Allllll of them are not hypocritical of each other and they never EVER tell you to discriminate.

God. BIG *sigh*. Zooklettes, Your dad and I don't believe in God. You can believe whatever you want. We'll give you the background and you decide for yourself. We definitely believe in higher power, the universe, and energy. It all works together to create our reality. We affect that reality. Some people call that God. I don't like to personify it. I've met too many narrow-minded, egotistical, bigoted Christians who consider themselves good people just because they "believe in God". Don't waste your time. Our country's system (holidays being one example) is based in Christianity. It'll continue to be wrapped up in Christianity because in this day and age we continue to have this ridiculous debate about marriage. Maybe when you're a young adult, it be a non-issue. Some people think gay people shouldn't be allowed to legally marry because it's a violation and married only belongs between a man and woman. We believe marriage belongs to anyone (key word: ANYONE) who wants to make a commitment to the person they love. Isn't THAT what marriage is about? A lot of shitty marriages out there between a man and a woman who don't have fucking clue about what it means to be married. Why isolate it?

I love this one: "God only gives you what you can handle." Bullshit. Why do people walk into movie theaters and elementary school and shoot people? Think they were given what they could handle? Probably not.

What it really boils down to is respect, embracing, and getting passed the ego. Most of the world operates off ego. I may not like referring to the higher power as God but in the end won't let my ego get in the way to tell someone else they're wrong or ridiculous for believing in Jesus or God. Just as I wouldn't appreciate someone telling me tha I'm ridiculous for not believing.

In my humble opinion, the more you start to read the bible more ridiculous it all sounds. Find your own truth. Find what works for you. I found what works for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment