Countdown to Baby Time!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Please stop crying, Talon!

Every mother's stomach churns when she hears her baby cry. Lately Talon has been crying and whining and there seems to be no cure. Not hungry, not poopy. Tired? Perhaps. Bored? Maybe. I redirect him and he clings to me. I get him down for naps. He goes to bed at a decent hour. Sometimes. I. Just. Want. A. Break. No whining, especially no whining. I can't stand to hear it because I don't want him to be upset but there are moments when it sounds like nails on a chalkboard and I want the sound to go away. Talon was crying in his crib one afternoon, refusing to nap. I had put him down and he seemed ready. Not 8 minutes later, he's up wailing. I debated; do I go in there or do I leave him to work it out? I decided leaving him in there wasn't going to hurt him (especially a 20 month old) and would probably be better for me at the moment. I wasn't mad at him but my emotions were heightened. I knew if he didn't sleep he'd be a wreck later. A parenting moment of I know what's best for you: sleep. Now go the fuck to sleep. The only solution that made me feel better was turning up some music loud enough to drown out his cries, just for 5 minutes, then I went in to get him. The impact it makes on my insides seems to be exacerbated by pregnancy. Would I have this hard of a time if I wasn't full of hormones? Deal the best with it as I can whatever it may be. It's not going to get any easier. I'm not asking for a bailout. Two kiddos doubles the trouble. I'm grateful for both of you but I think I'll like it better when I have my brain and body back. Cheers, Darling. Mommy loves you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment