Countdown to Baby Time!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

And let's do it again!!

I get why people have more than one baby. It was Mother Nature's goal for us to forget how difficult it is to have a newborn at home those first few months. A stretch? Maybe, maybe not. I forget how much sleep I did or didn't get; I do remember that heart wretching feeling when I heard Talon cry two, three, four, five times a night when he was so itty bitty. You want to jump up and hold him all night long then you also just want to sleep.

The 4 day hospital stay was a blur but I do remember a majority of it. It was my cocoon of Babyland and I loved every minute. Well, maybe not the puking after surgery. I could totally do without that! I'm almost 5 months along with you now and I am soooo excited to meet you! Day of surgery has been tentatively set for May 23rd, the day after my birthday. Two Geminis in the house. Woo hoo, Darling! Talon was born at 41 weeks and 2 days. You, my dear, if all goes as planned, will be 39 weeks and 1 day. I am thinking you won't be as big as Talon since you won't have those extra 2 weeks to gain more weight in there!

I know what to expect for the most part. There will be no induction, no Pitocin (Thank God!), no labor, no waiting. Just walk into the O.R, squirt a big needle in my back, then have a baby. Knowing the experience in some shape or form helps. I laugh nervously now remembering when I excitedly told my nurse the first morning how Talon slept through the night! She looked at me with soft, friendly eyes and said, "Oh honey, you should have been waking him up to get the feedings going..."  Eek. Did I know that? Maybe I did and I got swept away in Babyland. Nevertheless, I'm prepared now!

Back to the original intent for this post...so excited to meeting you and knowing what to expect for the most part. I know what it'll feel like taking you home, getting you home, and I'll know what to do with you when you get here! I'm excited to do all of it all over again. Baby snuggles, baby burps, baby baths, baby naps together.

Dads and I decided on a name yesterday for you if you are a boy. Just like that; it was pretty quick. Super cool. Whether you are a boy or a girl, your name will is pure awesomeness.

1 comment:

  1. seems like a whole different ride now that you know what to expect! makes it more exciting? because now you just have the anticipation!!! wow 5 months already! Talon is gonna be an awesome big brother, and well we already know this kid has some kick ass parents!
    i hope you share the sex with us!!!

    ReplyDelete